We have a new report for you that is geared toward helping you avoid costly mistakes when buying a home! No matter what the market looks like, we see homebuyers both new and old make 6 common errors that we break down in our FREE report, “6 Things You Must Know Before You Buy.”
1. DON’T Move Your Money: Don’t make a huge purchase or move your money around 3-6 months before buying a home. You will seem unreliable if you open credit accounts or use excess credit, which will make it hard for you to obtain a loan.
2. Know Your Borders: Get a survey done on your property to figure out EXACTLY where your property lines are. This will save you from a dispute with your neighbors.
3. Know The Neighborhood: Maybe you found the perfect house, but is the neighborhood for you? Drop by during different times of day to check out the activity going on! Also, make sure to actually make the commute from your new home to work before buying to ensure the traffic is something you can handle on a daily basis.
4. Beware of Hidden Costs: Being a homeowner means you will need to incorporate utilities, property taxes, homeowner association dues, maintenance, and repairs into your monthly payment. Make sure to calculate this in and be realistic so you don’t end up losing your home.
5. Keep Your Emotions Out Of It: Buying a house based on emotions is going to cost you since you’ll likely end up making some bad financial decisions. Buying a home is an investment, so make sure you’re making logical decisions.
6. Be prepared To Make Compromises: You’re probably not going to find a home that checks off every single thing on your list—and that’s okay! Taking the time to actually make a list of the qualities you’re looking for and identifying the items you’re not willing to sacrifice will help to guide your search.
Your Price Is Our Promise® Your Home SOLD 100% of the Asking Price or We Will Pay You the Difference! Call us at 703-297-4251. Visit us HERE .